• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rare NOS GM throttle cable

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up two already on eBay for such a hard to find genuine GM part.
CUCV 6.2 throttle cable
Few still left

and no, I have no affiliation with the seller

Just passing along info

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I guess since theyre gone, no harm in posting a closed auction link

Thats what they do for GL anyway

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes
you can find aftermarket ones all day long
Such as the ones on RA

Try and find a NOS genuine GM one
Kinda difficult as most here know

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have read quite a number of old threads that say
yes but not very well. Some rigging was needed
Things not quite lining up for brackets and such.
Ive read others say some too short, etc

I personally do not know
My M1008A1 had a new gm one when recovered at Ft. Hood

I bought two on eBay because I had read so many old threads that said
only the gm ones fit correctly and were a mother to find.

Several SS members wrote that they grab every one they find at salvage yards
because the new oem ones are almost impossible to find.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased 2 for 25 bucks each then I said to myself that I have 3 trucks. So I best offered seller for 2 at 20 bucks each which he agreed to. I got 4 for 90 bucks shipped. That I think is a win win!

You scored for sure!

He had 8 left when I bought mine

Thought about buying them all but already
had more than I needed.
Could have made good profit reselling

Posted info thread for others instead

svlsmokey

Looking for solutions to my sticky throttle and wanted to confirm 14038644 is correct for an '84 M1028. Most info I see indicates its for '85 and newer.

I realize that finding one might not be so easy, but if one turns up, it would be nice to know its right. Thanks.

Last edited:

cucvrus

CUCV's are all built off of 1983/84 blue prints. So they built CUCV's model year 1984-1987. You still buy the parts for a 1984 and you will be good. A few odd parts changed and were added thru the build during them years. Off the top of my head I know the motor mounts are odd, Under cab rear cross member change and the addition of the front frame flange reinforcements. There could be more odd things and additions. But for the most part stick with buying parts for a 1984 K30 orK5 Blazer. No need to get into CUCV, Military. You will just add confusion at the parts counter. Have a Great Day.

svlsmokey

Throttle cable is frayed between the pedal linkage and the fire wall... and on the IP end.IMG_2828.jpgIMG_2829.jpg
Bought one from Napa and one from AutoZone and neither one fits... Anyone willing to make a few bucks on their extra OEM ones, let me know.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Can you fix it? I have a used one. A couple used ones. Matter of fact. But I would be willing to look at a used one and see what the issue is. Can't be all that bad. It is the same as the civilian counter part as far I know. I think I am going to but one. Just for R & D.

svlsmokey

I haven't pulled it out yet. Doesn't look too bad but I don't want to have one of those "can't stop" experience some have described here. Summit has the ATP cable which is supposed to be 39 inches. Autozone has the Pioneer cable but that one is rumored to be too short as well...