• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rare size for rear axles

reom34

Hi people.
I have a problem with my reo M34
The second axle have next numbers:
L 3 50
C 240 FHX 1
D 365651
6-72
The third axle :
K 5513
C 240 FHX 1
6-72
M 40140

The problem is the length of them. If you take measured between plate and plate the second is 1 centimeter less the third.
I think It is neither important nor dangerous but if it looks attentivly it is obvious and I think that it is not correct.
In the ORD 9 SNL G 742 the C 240 FHX 1 is for single wheel.

Any idea about it?

Thanks

Any idea abot it

Attachments

91W350

Great photo! Kids really make the truck and hobby for me..The way the axles float around on the torque rods, you would be the only one to notice. I cannot see anything dangerous, might hinder or improve traction a very little bit, depending on conditions. Glen

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you have axles from different years, there is a possibilty of subtle differences in backing plates as the mfr updated their products.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hola José, I guess that would be for the axle differential reduction ratio.... which coincidentally is 6.72:1 .......:)

as for the different distance: did you measure between hub flanges or just the brake backing plates?
1cm would be a lot, in the first case!

G.

reom34

Great photo! Kids really make the truck and hobby for me..The way the axles float around on the torque rods, you would be the only one to notice. I cannot see anything dangerous, might hinder or improve traction a very little bit, depending on conditions. Glen
Hi Glen.

The distance about which I speak is the marked one in yellow. In both axels it is different and both are made in the same year and with the same reference to single wheel truck.
Thank you

Attachments

blackrock

Hi Glen.

The distance about which I speak is the marked one in yellow. In both axels it is different and both are made in the same year and with the same reference to single wheel truck.
Thank you

that's just a brake backing plate. sure its the same measurement all the way around? could have a bend in it where you are measuring. Kyle

reom34

Hola José, I guess that would be for the axle differential reduction ratio.... which coincidentally is 6.72:1 .......:)

as for the different distance: did you measure between hub flanges or just the brake backing plates?
1cm would be a lot, in the first case!

G.
Hi Gringeltaube.

It seems to be that 6-72 it was not the date of manufacture, jejejej.
Thank you for his explanation.
The distance this measure between just the brake backing plates as I indicate in the photo.
Thank you very much

Attachments

quickfarms

You need to measure the distance from the flange where the wheel bolts too.

Measure all three axles.

If you are still not happy please return the truck to the us government

91W350

I am not really familiar with centimeters, but I think you are talking less than 1/2 inch. If the truck in the photo is the one in question, I think you have a fine machine. I agree with the others, you are measuring the backing plate. One could be contoured a little outside and the other a little inside, yet still look the same. Not worth the worry in my opinion. What ever possessed you to measure those in the first place? Glen

reom34

I am not really familiar with centimeters, but I think you are talking less than 1/2 inch. If the truck in the photo is the one in question, I think you have a fine machine. I agree with the others, you are measuring the backing plate. One could be contoured a little outside and the other a little inside, yet still look the same. Not worth the worry in my opinion. What ever possessed you to measure those in the first place? Glen
Thanks Glen.
Yes one centimeter is less 1/2 inch, 2,54 centimeters is a one inch.
The truck is in the photo. All will be ok if I can find another truck and take sizes but here is not easy find another one.

Thanks

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.... so should we all start measuring ours, for general peace of mind....?:)

I would really hate seing your truck "returned" and who knows, maybe they wouldn't even want it back - if it came out of specs?????:p

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks