• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rat Deuce project 1

BBQROD

So, I have to ask... Why did you choose not to just put the deuce cab on the bus frame and then cut the frame down? Not criticizing, just curious.
Well the donor bus I purchased for this adventure was a flat nose. If I had it to do over I would have searched for a regular one with a Detroit motor probably. It would have saved a lot of hole drilling and modifications for sure. And I wanted all the OE sheet metal and cab and bed to bolt up to.

But it would have been easier to do it on the bus frame hands down.

I'm currently knee deep in the wiring on this thing rite now and I can crank it up and drive around the shop. Lighting is next on the agenda.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Driving Around inside the shop......you have too much room and need more trucks.

When I struggled with my electrical and asked for back-up the local support said.

."it's just wiring"..... and somehow that made it easier.

So...uh.....it's just wiring...

Can't wait to pick up all the kids from school in the 90mph deuce. What top speed are you shooting for?

BBQROD

About the same speed I have to start shopping for tires soon........$$$&poof!
Gonna get some aggressive tread 24.5's to give it a little more gear.

jeb2012

I like the shifter box. Hope it is not a shin eater like my M925a2 shifter with pto winch controls that is right where my leg wants to occupy. I am 6'4" and the truck is cramped for me and do not get me started on trying the pedals in a Deuce with the petals in the up position. Good job on your project. Mark
lmao i am the same height but weigh 320 man legs are too long hit both pto lever and my high lo range trans case lever

61sleepercab

Have you looked real close in your picture? A GHOST IS PUMPING YOUR RIG'S DIESEL!!!!!! Did it pay? Your rig looks like a great big Model T with no cab. Got any more pictures from the front and side? Glad you got up and running after some set backs. Mark

BBQROD

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407294513.267626.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407294526.982963.jpg
Started work on my hard top today. It's a slow go and it will be a little heavier than I would like but it will keep the rain and sun off of me. The whole top will be a quick release one piece top with a custom rear window. I can't make up my mind on what to do there so it will be a surprise for us all lol.

BBQROD

Well I got started on the exhaust today. It's gonna have two stacks in the factory location in the fender, one left and one on the right. It just wouldn't be ratty with just one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks