• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rausch creek pa oct 08 event

rhinomike

is it to early to talk about the SS trip to Rousch Creek off-road park?
Anyone planning on going? what MV are you taking?

Rhino Mike

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: rousch creek pa oct 08 event

Glad to hear you're planning on making it with your truck this year, Mike!

I will be going up by myself (not sure if Thursday or Friday mornings), and driving my 1970 M35A2 "Jayne", hopefully I'll have the winch on by then.

scooter01922

There is another thread around here somewhere, I'll be there if all goes well. Bringing the deuce along for the long haul. Think i may toss my go cart on steroids in the back too, just to be able to fly through some of the smaller trails. :D

rhinomike

Nice to hear some chatter! I'm taking a 1971 M35a2, and my rock buggy and camper and tow rig, yea I'm not sure how to get all of it there this year. That same weekend a off road club (KGB off-road) is having a charity event. SS may join their trial rides, eat at their BBQ vender, and take in their nightly entertainment while we are there. Anyone needing camping / lodging, or info on the off road park give me a shout 717 764 9554 ask for mike. If it wasn't for chris having a CUCV at WVU and mike and bill at last years event I wouldn't even own a MV. This is a great trip to meet people and learn what your MV was made to do off-road in a organized setting, in a controled manner, on land set aside for off roading.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
rhinomike said:
If it wasn't for chris having a CUCV at WVU and mike and bill at last years event I wouldn't even own a MV.
Man, we went through some stuff in my CUCV Blazer, Brad's K5 and your K5! At least I never tore the door off of my truck. You can blame Brad for that :) I have a CUCV pick-up in my yard right now that may make the trip if it is still around. Looking forward to seeing you, Mike.

rhinomike

Yep, but as i look back it is NOTHING compaired to what we do today. Back then 33" were BIG tires, I now feel like I'm on the smaller side with 35" on the trail with guys running 40's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks