• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rausch creek trip this weekend

BENZTECH

Hi all. I was contemplating taking a 3-4 hour trip from long island to rausch creek off road park in hazelton area penslvania this friday but im nervous of my trip and i am looking to secure some contacts along the way in case of a breakdown . If anyone out there along rt 80 would be kind enough to give me there number to call if i need a short tow off the highway i would appreciate it and also more than welcome to come along its a fun filled camping weekend for all and i would love to take my deuce if i can feel secure that i have help around if i needed it. Ive had it for a year now and This will be my first long trip with the truck. My number is 631 433 8051 thanks in advance

BENZTECH

Sorry to say you just missed a rally there this past weekend. Good luck to you this weekend tho!
Ahh man oh well i am really just looking for peace of mind knowing there are SS out there to help if needed in emergency on the way there and back

BENZTECH

Also if anyone has some advice on taking a long trip with a deuce. Maby something to watch for or what parts to carry or anything like that. Any suggestions would be great thanks.

joshs1ofakindxj

Go through your pre-flight check list. Check all fluid levels and air pressure.

Day to day, I carry a gallon of coolant, a gallon of motor oil, a quart of brake fluid, 20 ton bottle jack, some small wood blocks, and the tools to change a tire.

On longer trips I throw in a general mechanics tool box with lots of goodies. Some spare electrical stuff, gear oil, fuel filters, etc.

Carry cash, prepare for the worst, and hope for the best.

Don't forget your co-pilot, some food and water, and ear-pro or advil.

Last edited:

BENZTECH

Do these trucks normaly do ok on long trips ? Mine is in great shape with low miles and well maintained and never had a problem but I cant help but be nervous about the trip.

joshs1ofakindxj

Like everything else in life, there are no guarantees. You're driving a truck that is over 40 years old. You can't expect a miracle, but I wouldn't say your destined for failure either.

Ironically, the new tire on my 2009 motorcycle failed on the way to pick up my 1967 M35A2, which I then drove 500 miles home with the broke down bike in the bed, without a problem, on old NDT tires that just keep on going.

It's a crap shoot.

Go out and have some fun, take some calculated risks, and have a plan for when things go wrong.

To paraphrase George Carlin, "Take a ****** chance! You can't read People magazine and eat at Wendy's the rest of your life!"

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks