• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RAUSCHCREEK FINAL CONVOY INFO

No.2Diesel

EASTERN CONVOY SERIAL

-0400: Friday 5th OCT Departing home on LI with M35A2 and M819.

-0430: Link up and depart from park & ride on the L.I.E. with IRWFO's CUCV (still comin?) and anyone else from the island that would like to attend.

-0700: Link up, fuel up and depart from Western NJ on I-78 with NewMVguys' M35A2 at: The Pilot Truck Stop in Bloomsbury, New Jersey, right off I-78

-0930: Link up with Southern Serial (Maddawg, Swede, Opie, Builder77) and Fuel up at: Ono Truck Center on William Penn Highway just South of I-81/I-78 interchange.

-1000-1015: ARRIVE at Rausch Creek.

SOUTERN CONVOY SERIAL

-Depart from respective points of origin

-930: Rendezvous with Eastern Convoy Serial at Ono Truck Center before heading to Park

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached are "key maps" of: Bloomsbury Truck Stop, Ono Truck Stop, and Direction map from I-81 to the Rausch Creek Off-Road Park entrance.

Attachments

No.2Diesel

I have been informed that due to recent mechanical issues to the transfer case, the big 900 series will not be making it this weekend.

Hey CDub, if you still want to go, both of our trucks have an empty seat. This offer goes out to anyone else as well. If you wan't to ride shotgun, just let me know!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tentative Southern convoy information: will change this if needed, but it looks like I am doing the planning for the southern folks impromptu. Let me know if this works.

SOUTHERN CONVOY SERIAL

-0530: depart Strasburg, VA area en route to Rausch Creek

-0600: meet up with Opie near Winchester, VA, depart shortly after

-0830: estimated time to pass through Harrisburg, PA

-NLT 0930: Rendezvous with Eastern Convoy Serial at Ono Truck Center before heading to Park

spentshell

Wish we were going , but IRWFO and I will be picking up my truck that day. I hooked up with the tow guy CDub turned me on to. We might see you guys on the highway we plan on being on our way around -0430 for the drmo appointment at -0930.

No.2Diesel

Thats too bad. You guys should pick the truck up and drive back to RC. We could help you with maintenance and when you drive home you could convoy and not worry about regs, plates, or breakdowns.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's no excuse spentshell. You had months to plan this, and you can pick the truck up anytime. HOWEVER, like No.2Diesel said, you can pick the truck up, and en route back, stop off at Rausch Creek and have some fun for a couple days!

Man, the MI people and the GA people had huge rallys, what we gotta do to get more NE folks onboard RC? Give away cash prizes for showing up? Bring Hooters girls? [thumbzup]

No.2Diesel

Hi,

I guess geography plays a role in the use of one's MV. The Southerners and Midwesterners seem to ACTUALLY WANT TO USE THEIR MVs and not just for parades and sunny Sunday afternoons. :)

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm actually very happy and pleased with the small group that has shown interest in learning about their MVs and operating them where they were designed to be operated. For this inaugural event, maybe its a good thing to be small so that everything goes smoothly. I am in no way slighted at those who can't make it do to mechanical issues. I guess Maddawg is right, we need to raffle off a gold bar from the Federal Reserve to get more people to show up next year :p

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No.2Diesel said:
I guess Maddawg is right, we need to raffle off a gold bar from the Federal Reserve to get more people to show up next year :p
Actually, I would have preferred the Hooters girls! :grd:

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
maddawg308 said:
Actually, I would have preferred the Hooters girls! :grd:
Now you are talking. I will offroad for Hooters Girls! This is why I decided not to drive down to Ga. for Clinto's rally. I kept hearing about strippers, but was rather disappointed when that did not come together. I did not even see a stripper pole in any of the rally pics :cry:

Anyways it looks like I have off for Sat/Sun, and am still working on Friday. I really wish you guys had had the dates up earlier, so that I could have gotten the days off :wink:

Cdub

Re: RE: RAUSCHCREEK FINAL CONVOY INFO

No.2Diesel said:
I have been informed that due to recent mechanical issues to the transfer case, the big 900 series will not be making it this weekend.

Hey CDub, if you still want to go, both of our trucks have an empty seat. This offer goes out to anyone else as well. If you wan't to ride shotgun, just let me know!

NewMVGuy said:
Dang, Was lookin forward to meetin the guy :(
Hey Thanks Guys, Your all much to kind.......

Sharleen is up and running 110% now. I just road tested her and the Tcase is working just find after the Interlock Air system problems.

Sorry to let you all down.....but count me in for next year. I'd really like to mud up Sharleen's tires a bit.

Have an OUTSTANDING time and please take a lot of pic for us guys to droll over.

Best of Luck and God Speed to you all........... [thumbzup]

Craig

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: RAUSCHCREEK FINAL CONVOY INFO

I'm getting "old," at 64, but I figure I could get at least 3 or 4 of the Hooter's girls if I had the gold bar! ;)

Srjeeper

Re: RE: RAUSCHCREEK FINAL CONVOY INFO

both of our trucks have an empty seat. This offer goes out to anyone else as well. If you wan't to ride shotgun, just let me know![/quote]

No2 Diesel,

I'll take one of those seats saturday if ya still got one open. Tell me what time to be there and where to meet ya's.

Srjeeper

Opie

RE: Re: RE: RAUSCHCREEK FINAL CONVOY INFO

In the Iditarod Dogsled Race held in Alaska each year, there is a "Red Lantern Award" to the last musher to cross the fnish line. I got home from Rausch Creek today at 3:15 PM and am going to claim that honor until someone else proves they got home even later. (I had cooling system issues which slowed the return on Sunday and something shook the connections for ONLY my headllights loose while on the trail, so I camped out in a truck stop at MM 291 - Tom's Brook last night.)

More tomorrow. I'm off to work. I had a blast.

Opie/ Peter H.
Peter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks