• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RC Rally 07'

FormerNewMVGuy

I wanted to post about what a great bunch of guys showed up for the rauch creek rally!
I had to leave on saturday but, we had a great time trail riding and had some fun camp fire stories :D
As i was about to leave on satuday my front brake right side went KABLOOEY!!!! We thought the wheel cylinder failed ,but when we tore it down , It turns out that the weld on the shoe itself had failed! On the brake shoe, On top where the pushrod slips on the brake shoe, the weld right there let go and the the tab bent completely out allowing the wheel cylinder to come apart.
Pictures where taken by Opie so hopfully he will share them with us when he gets home.
No.2 diesel and his brother Rob where nice enough to give me one of there brand new wheel cylinders and helped me weld the brake shoe back together 8) actually every body helped me out on that one -No.2 diesel, his brother Rob, Opie, maddawg, srjeeper, 8)
Friday spicergear came by and went trailriding with us 8)
I'm posting a few pics that i took, I did'nt take many, because i grabbed the wrong memory stick when i left for the trip :?
The last pic is of rob picking the front of my deuce up while we were fixing the brake with his M819, very cool truck!
No.2diesel has taken many pictures and i'm sure will post them soon :D
Thanks to all who came with, and I hope we can do it agian next year!! I had a great time :D

Attachments

alphadeltaromeo

RE: RC Rally

I think that a wrecker is needed at each rally for challenges such as these. Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time.

Cdub

RE: RC Rally

Wow.....great to hear you all had a great time.......sorry to hear about the brakes though....

AWESOME............!!!

C'dub

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love pics of MV's in the woods! Most pics are of perfect MV's at shows or parades. And there is nothing wrong with that. I do plenty of that myself. But seeing them in the woods doing what they were made for is where it's at!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The membership of Steel Soldiers seems to be accumulating more and more M819s. We had Ron's at the GA rally, this one at RC and DaveP had his at the Grayling trailride. I agree about having a wrecker at each event if possible, that would be cool.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a great time there! Lots of fun, the looks we got from the Jeep drivers there were priceless - from "wow you guys are cool" to "we hate you cause you have more fun with $3000 trucks than we have with $30K jeeps". I think we made a good impression on the civvy drivers there, made some friends, got some maintenance done on our trucks that was for the best. Glad we were able to take care of NewMVGuy's brake issue - it would have been a disaster if that happened out on the road.

I only took a couple pics, my batts were pretty dead, and I only took a couple because of it. I know Dave and Rob have some really great shots of the trucks doing some amazing things, I guess we'll see them shortly.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish more had shown up, and the park would've been great with a couple smaller vehicles as well. Hope Dave and Rob can post some of their pics soon, they were really good action shots...

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Man I would have loved to have been there or at least been able talk one or both of my sons into going with you but nothing happened there. I head out for Camp Casey tomorrow at O dark thirty and will be off the net for a while. Please do post more pictures here and not on photo bucket cause I can't access them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Small video might be the understatement of the day Mike. I was going to ask you to post it here so that our Chaplain can view it from Korea but he's only missing 5 seconds.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

I took the week off from work so my computer access is limited. Sorry for the delayed response. This will be a long post.

First:

I want to thank all those who took the time out of their very busy lives and attended with their Mvs and those who just came along for the ride. I thoroughly enjoyed everyones company and learned many things. This was an exremely positive experience that is etched in my brain and the friendships made will last a lifetime. Thank you. This will deff. become an annual event.

It was a small but feisty and brave bunch who demonstrated that they knew how to use their MV. No MV babies here. Operating MVs through dense woods and rocky terrain is too much fun. Somebody stop us!!

Thank you SRJeeper and SpicerGear for coming out for the day. It was a pleasure to meet you guys. Sr Jeeper lead us on a evening cruise through the country and then off to dinner on Saturday. The food was great! I'm sure SRJeeper will have his Deuce there next year!!

-----------------------------

Opie:

If there was a "No Guts, No Glory" award, Opie would be the absolute winner. He threaded that 109 through some unbelievable terrain. WITHOUT HIS REAR DRIVESHAFT. He also travelled the farthest distance and overcame mechanical issues getting home. I am happy you were able to make it home safely.

NewMVGuy:

Thank you for your patience waiting for us as we were late on departure. It was great to meet you. Thanks for the water jug. We have put it to use already. I got your PM and will mail you a CD of the pics soon. I'm glad you made it home safe with our field repairs.

Maddawg:

It was nice to meet you and thanks for all of the support putting this thing together. Sometimes I felt like maddawg was the only other guy coming. :p You also showed your patience for my bro and I as we just about farted for three days straight. :? It was cool to see your truck in person. Thanks for the steaks!!

Lynn from RC:

Thanks for accomodating us. We had a blast. See you next year!!

No.2Diesel

even more

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks