• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RC Rally 07'

Opie

I think my hearing might return in time for next year's trip, when TWO BARS OF GOLD will be won by a lucky particpant!!!!! [thumbzup]

Mrs. Opie has been enjoying the pics, stories, and tall tales of the weekend. My problem is that if she comes next year I'll be bumped from my inner spring mattress and have to "rough it..." :)

Oh, here's an emticon :beer: for all the quality brew that was lost on the trail, as the loadmasters were on strike and casualties were taken. :cry:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I had a couple loose six-packs in the back, and forgot about them and went wheeling. Needless to say, about 6 out of the 12 bottles ejected from the cardboard containers and spilt some premium beer all over the rear bed, and some of my camping gear smelled like suds. Oh well, next time I will buy suspension harnesses for my microbrews.

Yeah, nickd, you probably win the award for the bigger frog hole, but let me tell you - the pictures don't show the number of rocks there at RC. LOTS of chances to get high-centered, bust a bead, or send you falling down a slope. There were lots of rock-crawling trails, too, that would be great for a CJ-2A or CJ-3a as well, but we never saw them because the deuces just wouldn't fit on them. A few smaller MVs would be right at home at RC on the back trails.

Cdub

Hi Guys,

Looks like a great time to be had by all.......Wish I was with ya.....but only in spirit......

Would you say that the trails were adequate for a five ton cargo......??

Thanks,

C'dub

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cdub said:
Would you say that the trails were adequate for a five ton cargo......??
I'll tell you, it would have been tight, but Opie in his M109 and Rob in his M819 wrecker made it okay, I think it would be easier than they had it. I followed Opie, and my thought was, "if he can make it through okay, then my bows and cover will make it through as well. I'm following him!"

spicergear

Even though I was up for just the ride along (no trailer for big M715 and deuce not quite ready) I had a great time and it was nice to meet a new bunch of truck guys- Nice pics #2!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks