• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RC Rally Pics. and Vids.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great pics and vids everyone. These rallies keep getting better and better every year. If only I had a job with more vacation!!

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Mods...We should have this thread moved from Conversations to the Rally Section of the forum so it can be found easier for future research...

A HUGE THANKS for those who made the effort and time to attend as well as bring firewood, tents, supplies chainsaws, etc. You guys MAKE the event happen by participating. I enjoyed everyone's company and hope you come again next year. Despite the weather this was the largest Rally so far and I know I had the best time yet this weekend!!! :-D

Those who attended were:

Me ---------------- M35A2, LI, NY (mud filled tool box and crimped running board didn't make it through the deep hole :p )
Bro ---------------- M923, LI, NY (dry humped more trees, couldn't help it, they're there)
MAXM37 ----------- M37, Penn.
M37Dodge --------- M37, M101A1, Penn.
PAFarmer ---------- M35A2 bobjob Penn.
THEROAD ---------- M35A2, NJ
PowerhouseDeuce -- M818, M105, GP small, MD (made it through the deep hole)
Jakelc15 ----------- M35A2, MD
86M10086.2L ------ M1008, LI, NY(4" lift, hmmv tires & wheels)
Kassim503 --------- M1009, LI, NY via Binghamton
LanceRobson's Son - M109, Upstate, NY
Fred368 ----------- M109, Penn.
Powersmoke18 ----- M818 bobjob, NJ via Penn. (made it through the deep hole)
Ironwolf85 --------- M35A2 (from PA, ran veggie oil, brought cigarette machine :razz: )
needhotrod -------- M35A2 (from MD, made it through the deep hole)
PawnShopEd ------- M35A2 (from MD, made it through the deep hole)
Maddawg308 ------- Dodge Durango (gov. issue :p ) VA.
MACSOG ----------- No MV (yet) LI, NY (friend brought non functioning pop-up trailer :razz: )

If I forgot your screenname let me know and I'll add you to the list!

It was a pleasure to see everyone's truck in action. Thank you powerhousedeuce for the winch out! I'm too scared of what could be in the mudhole to plow right in. I crawled slowly in to feel around and sank in the muddy silt. When I got home I washed all the mud out and everything that was in my running board tool box. :-x which wasn't that bad.

We were able to run some trails we haven't done before and lots of new challenges. The rain on Sat. made things interesting. Everyone helped each other out and the civvy jeep guys enjoyed watching a PTO winch in action.

This year we had a different campsite and I'm happy we did. The old site was under water and we didn't have to worry about dust etc. It was also great that we had moved the event dates as we pretty much had the park to ourselves which made for a better wheeling and camping experience. Lynn from RC staff informed us that Columbus Day weekend was a Zoo as usual.

For now I think the only different thing I'd do for next year is make set trail riding times: With so many people arriving at different times and days its difficult for the group thats out on the trails deep in the woods to come back to base to pick up the new arrivals. Maybe 8am-Noon and 1pm to Dusk. That way everyone gets the most trail riding for their $$ if they choose to go out and they'll know a group(s) will return at a set time.

My personal roadtrip experience this year to and from was uneventful and seemed quicker. About 6hrs. even each way. I'm actually very happy that I took the extra day and left on Thursday. I was well rested and made the overall experience much more enjoyable instead of turning it into a marathon. As my pics show I went through manhattan and saved money on tolls. I took the Goethel's and the Verrazano on the way home also saving a major toll money $$$.

I ate extremely well this weekend and want to thank mine & MACSOG's friend (Army retired) for the time & effort in the food preperation for our group.

I can't think of anything else to add except to again say thank you for attending.

For Those who couldn't make it and for those who did: Enjoy the Pics!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

No.2Diesel

pics

Hi,

Thats pretty much it for pics from me, I don't want to get too repetitive with the pics :p

Attachments

86M10086.2L

Funny thing was, it really wasn't that deep. I went through it on friday and it was only up to my hubs. Nice to see a few pics of me made it here. Hated having to leave but still enjoyed being there.

powerhouseduece

Its about time you got them posted. Im down for a spring Rally but dont want it to interfear with Aberdeen. You couldent ask for a cooler group of guys, as soon as me and Jake showed up there were a few members more then willing to jump in and help set up my little tent.

Thanks for the good times guys and hope to see you all next year!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a great time at the rally, despite not bringing my deuce this time. Actually, in some ways it's more fun - you get to relax and enjoy the ride on the trail, enjoy the scenery, and not have to worry about breaking your truck and "gosh, I broke my truck, how do I get home now?"

RC is the best offroad place I have been on the East Coast, lots of rocks, lots of trails, and plenty of challenge. Hope I can get there sometime in the future with a small jeep or Power Wagon sized vehicle so I can hit the small trails.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got some pics, my camera has been having issues, so a couple are dark and a couple are blurry. Stupid technology, I preferred my old 35mm. And my abacus, dammit.

Notice the tree damage from Rob's M923 that I was riding in. Seems no matter what rally I attend I'm in a truck that's destroying nature's finest. Too bad.

Can't wait till next year!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks