• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RCAF Fire Truck

Eri Korhonen

Hello :

I am new here, very impressive site. I am wondering if anyone can help me to find out information and maybe possibly get manuals for a 1957 FWD fire truck that was used by the RCAF. I am trying to find this out for a freind of mine who owns it. He is hoping to restore it.

I do have the information off the data plates from inside the cab and off the body of the pumper.

Thank you

Eri

Eri Korhonen

Thank you for the welcome. I love this site, lots of good stuff here and many people who know their stuff as well. Here is the info from the truck, hopefully someone will be able to help out.
1957 FWD F1000T
Markings on door as close as can be made out- 24G8-?74
Chassis - C80316
Engine - 1030487
Order # - CD56054 RCAF
Vehicle Code - G8
Nomemclatore - Fire truck - TCP840 4x4
Operators instructions - 80-85G8 FAB - 1
Maintanance and Repair Manuals - 80-85G8 FAB - 3
Parts ID List - 80-85G8 FAB - 4
Pierre Thibault Can Ltd
Body ID - THP/F-1000 - T/1029
Date 1-57
Serial # 392800
Dominion Board Listing - T - 708
For Official Use Only - CFAO 20 -9
Aux Fins Du Service Sevlement OAFC 20 - 9

Thank you

Eri

Eri Korhonen

Hi Tony

The truck sure looks to be just like the photo you posted, I haven't had a chance to get over and take a few pictures yet. But as soon as I do I will post them for sure . Is the truck yours and if so do you have any manuals for it?

Thanks
Eri