• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RD-2-4243-0 HMMWV installation?

NewHmmwv

I recently purchased a RD-2-4243-0 and I was wondering if anyone knew if this kit contained everything needed to mount on their M998?

And if so what type of guidance they could give as far as installing it.

Thanks for the help!

NewHmmwv

Sorry about that, just realized I did not specify what I was talking about....

This is a Red dot AC kit that was advertised to fit the HMMWV.

red dot ac kit.PNGIt contains a compressor, condenser, hoses, receiver/dryer, brackets, hardware etc. Here is a picture of all the components. It does not come with installation instructions for the HMMWV.

Dock Rocker

Sorry about that, just realized I did not specify what I was talking about....

This is a Red dot AC kit that was advertised to fit the HMMWV.

View attachment 742830It contains a compressor, condenser, hoses, receiver/dryer, brackets, hardware etc. Here is a picture of all the components. It does not come with installation instructions for the HMMWV.
I am not sure without the actual nsn number but I think that is the “repair” kit not the actual full install kit.

I think you can make it work but you are going to have to figure it out as you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewHmmwv

I am not sure without the actual nsn number but I think that is the “repair” kit not the actual full install kit.

I think you can make it work but you are going to have to figure it out as you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see, the nsn is 4120-01-530-6339. Am hoping that it is the complete assembly if anyone else has bought this kit and used it please let me know how you made it work.

Thanks

kzeyus

It looks like all the necessary parts are there. The evaporator looks different than the usual red dot HMMWV kits I've seen - maybe it's the rear floor mount model for hmmwv or maybe was for something else but can likely be made to work. Hopefully someone else will recognize the kit.

I have manuals for similar red dot systems with the other style evap, but would probably be enough to get it installed. The kits usually come with just enough hose, right angle of fittings, correct wire length etc to fit the intended install, but can if installing differently, all of those can be sourced and adapted to fit your need.

pm me your email and I can send manuals I have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks