• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Re: Deuce tranny inspection plate gasket sealers?

Oldgrunt

Re: Deuce tranny inspection plate gasket sealers?

I just swaped trannies out in my Deuce, and didn't have a cork gasket only paper to replace it with to get me home. I'm going to make a gasket out of cork, and was just wandering what type of sealer worked best.

Semper Fi
Oldgrunt :twisted:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gaskacinch. It holds the gasket in place, but won't squish it out when you tighten it. The paper should work fine.

Oldgrunt

Don't mean to sound like ediot but why wouldn't you want to use cork? The tranny I swapped had a cork gasket on it. I have used cork on other MVs where a cast machined surface is matched to a stamped one and it worked well.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cork will work fine for the pto cover. You would not want to use cork, if you had a pto installed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks