• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Re-Power from continental 6602 to diesel

mightyhammer

The biggest concern I have is the fuel economy, However I won't be using the rig daily. I have firm belief that the 6602 is an awesome engine in many respects. I still like the option of having more than 5 forward speeds, especially back in the woods. I really want to try putting this rto14513 in a 5 ton and If I am gonna do that, mights well upgrade the engine.
As far as the transfer case sprag, the 13 speed has a reverse switch in it that could house an air valve switch of some sort, or something externally that is manually operated...haven't thought that far ahead yet.. I think I have seen some other fellas talkin' bout that in here somewhere.

mikane27

Just got reading the rest.I'm a little behind the times.:oops: I pick up my dump last summer to turn it into a toy hauler.Thinking of swaps to at lest a tranny (Eaton). 2 mpg maybe a engine to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks