• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Re-Power from continental 6602 to diesel

mightyhammer

The biggest concern I have is the fuel economy, However I won't be using the rig daily. I have firm belief that the 6602 is an awesome engine in many respects. I still like the option of having more than 5 forward speeds, especially back in the woods. I really want to try putting this rto14513 in a 5 ton and If I am gonna do that, mights well upgrade the engine.
As far as the transfer case sprag, the 13 speed has a reverse switch in it that could house an air valve switch of some sort, or something externally that is manually operated...haven't thought that far ahead yet.. I think I have seen some other fellas talkin' bout that in here somewhere.

mikane27

Just got reading the rest.I'm a little behind the times.:oops: I pick up my dump last summer to turn it into a toy hauler.Thinking of swaps to at lest a tranny (Eaton). 2 mpg maybe a engine to.