• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Re-Powering The Deuce With A 5-Ton LDS-465-1A Engine

rustystud

Hey Guy,s
i just found out for myself last week , i will replace my lds 427-2 because off cracked pistons,head and a leaking liner .
to match the lds 4651a you need the oil tubes of an ldt .
i was trying to replace the the intyre pump to get the short tubes in the deep front sump but i must have a early 427-2 , iT Has a different pump with tube hook up and also different size idler gear ! That systeem does not match .
to get iT working good i have to get the ldt tubes i found out .
engine nr lds 427-2 is 9944
so be prepaired if you also may have lds 427-2 and do engine swap .

gr Bert
This is just a thank you to Bert for all his help. I collect old TM manuals and he was instrumental in buying this one TM 9-8607 Steering Gears. I search all over and found this manual in the Netherlands. Since he lives in the Netherlands he was able to contact the seller and arrange the buying and shipping for me. So again, thank you Bert very much !!!

Welshp30

So what is the complete list of parts, and stuff that has to be done to put the lds in my m35a2 im getting so many mixed answers

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So what is the complete list of parts, and stuff that has to be done to put the lds in my m35a2 im getting so many mixed answers
Once you get into it, it should be obvious. Oilpan gets swapped 180*, the oil pump gets swapped, and I believe the trans adapter ring. I put an LDT in where an LDS was and it was very minor differences. PM me your phone number if you'd like to speak to me about the swap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks