• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Re-sale of a EUC vehicle question

tgejesse

Hi all I have a simple question:

When I decide its time to part ways with my HMMWV a number of years down the road... are there specific rules / regs on how to re-sell the vehicle to the next owner?

In my mind future transfers of the vehicle can go one of two ways:

1) Something like a firearms transfer requiring a background check and creating a paper trail.
2) Sell it like any other titled vehicle without a worry.

Is there any guidance on selling down the road?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I provide them with a copy of the relevant section from the EUC and have them sign it. I keep a copy and give them one.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I provide them with a copy of the relevant section from the EUC and have them sign it. I keep a copy and give them one.
That is the proper CYA approach. No 'he said - he said' monkey business then. But, you do need to be able to find that paperwork for the rest of your life (or send it to DLA for their records). Sending to DLA and having them annotate your EUC with the new owner information would take you out of the loop if something did happen.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I bought my first M35A2, I received a piece of paper that said that I could sell it at any time except for the following.
1. The truck could not be exported without an export license
2. The truck could only be sold to a U.S. Citizen
3. It did not require that I notify anyone of a sale

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I bought my first M35A2, I received a piece of paper that said that I could sell it at any time except for the following.
1. The truck could not be exported without an export license
2. The truck could only be sold to a U.S. Citizen
3. It did not require that I notify anyone of a sale
This & BKubu practice is what I also have them sign and give them a copy. Many trailers used to have EUC and I had the owner sign the acknowledgment and gave them a copy. Not sure a m101a1 or m105 involves national security but Uncle can be a strange dude.

HMMWV more likely to be looked at to make sure it does not go overseas to questionable parties.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks