• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

READ: GL/GSA/other auction posts (2007 Version)

MaverickH1

Certain threads in the HMMWV forum have been disappearing, I assume for this reason. Is there any way to talk about the release of new products by the feds for sale without infringing on this rule?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Auction Postings: as lond as it does not break the rules below.
Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos.
• Do not post links to GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA(or other sites)that have links that quit working after a short period of time. Save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about your vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.
• No collusion as specified above.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Certain threads in the HMMWV forum have been disappearing, I assume for this reason. Is there any way to talk about the release of new products by the feds for sale without infringing on this rule?
Sure, after the auction has closed. I noticed a bunch of new items went through yesterday and those are all fair game. Just don't talk about any coming up in future auctions.

Dukeof Earl

I am still relatively new but much appreciation for being helpful and making everything fair. Everyone has a bad day or a moment but by the way you all handle things it sure would be nice if the world worked that way 👍

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I do have one question though. Are we allowed to ask advice on where to post things that we would like to sell.
Send me a PM I would be happy to answer your questions. For selling on the site you have to up grade your member ship ($15 a year) and most of the selling rules are here https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?77660-Classifieds-Rules and the other stickies in the classifies forum.
One thing we don't like to see is when someone tries to skirt the rules, "I have 4 M35's and no where to store them, what are they worth if I decide to sell them?" put up by a non premium member, also if you don't have or know a value don't put it up.

Last edited:

Ram1911

Best I can say is - human nature being what it is - if you want people to actually read the rules, you practically have to set things up so they actually have to read and acknowledge each specification individually, or at least waste their time proportionately to actual reading time if they choose to ignore it. And doing that would require a certain minimum lag based on specification length, because anything that can merely be checked off with a mouse click immediately is likely to be ignored (something you can't easily enforce with paper forms like every DA/DD medical form I've ever seen in 27 years in the Army). Any updated rules require acknowledgement prior to any new postings. Any veteran here has probably done this between 10 and 2000 times in a career. An added benefit of doing this would be helping weed out potential problematic and fake members up front.

I don't know what it would take to effect that, or if it's even worth the squeeze.

JM2$ (because INFLATION!)

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC, there was a pop up when one of the integrations took place that you had to read before it would let you into the site weather you were a new or old member, but, it was a click thing, easy to just point, click and move along. That's where the moderators come in, and why there as many as there are. Can't be on all the time or everywhere at once, so we all try and take care of things to keep the site free of these things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks