• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Read SS offline??

John Galt II

Does anyone out there know how to download (to a thumb-drive or other drive) an entire thread topic? I'm particularly thinking of conversations about MEP 802a repairs and troubleshooting in case the grid or internet is not available for awhile. After all, the electrical grid (at least in my neighborhood) will be down when it comes time to deploy the gen set. It would be beneficial to have SS troubleshooting threads available without web access. Is this just wishful thinking?

~ Thanks

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This won't answer your question, but I have a suggestion. I purchased an inexpensive UPS for my modem and router that will keep them alive for several hours or at least until I bring my generator online. I've found this to be very useful since we have a large number of power outages.

John Galt II

This won't answer your question, but I have a suggestion. I purchased an inexpensive UPS for my modem and router that will keep them alive for several hours or at least until I bring my generator online. I've found this to be very useful since we have a large number of power outages.
Thanks for the tip. I'm mostly looking for a way to archive topics or threads for offline review. Thank you again for the response!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have not tried with the current software, but in the previous version, you could 'print' a thread, about 400 posts at a time (no pictures) and then copy and paste into a document (.rtf) and save that. Tedious, and I only did it for one thread. The big problem is keeping all the threads 'up to date' on your 'offline' storage.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Have not tried with the current software, but in the previous version, you could 'print' a thread, about 400 posts at a time (no pictures) and then copy and paste into a document (.rtf) and save that. Tedious, and I only did it for one thread. The big problem is keeping all the threads 'up to date' on your 'offline' storage.
This is about the only option to do what you're after and as mentioned you'll be missing any updates post "print". You can print the page, then tell windows to print to PDF to make it a simple file that can be read/printed easily.

John Galt II

Ahh! Great idea. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the idea!
Edit- I just tried it and it works!👍

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks