• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Readers HMMWV Rides

jmoneysmithmas

You guys aren't helping me... I've been wanting one of those HMMWV's off government planet for a while now... this is making it worse! Nice looking rigs guys- all of them. Can't wait to see more photos and other rigs! Glad someone started a thread like this...

Hoefler

IMG_3918.jpgIMG_3915.jpgIMG_3914.jpgIMG_3917.jpg
Just picked mine up from Fort Mcoy. She fit on a typical construction trailer with little effort. Its an M1038 with good top with missing door. Frame still has paint on it. Bottom of body is dent free. Overall looks to be in great condition outside of what appears to be a bullet hole in the drivers side floor-looks to be the size of a .223. Note that it has a winch (I will need this as I have some dinasour pits on my property).
Slaved it and it started right up-perfect. Noticed the amp meter worked its way up to the red zone after slave cable was removed. Batteries are dead.
I will use this truck on my farm to haul things, stuff and maybe some firewood.
Pete

Attachments

nickd

Here's mine

Started out with a 2 man soft top, converted to a 4 man soft top, converted to an ametek top with hard doors, now a slant back with extra equipment

Attachments

Hoefler

IMG_3947.jpgIMG_3939.jpgIMG_3940.jpgIMG_3941.jpgIMG_3942.jpgIMG_3943.jpg

Was able to actually unload and examine my Sparta Humvee. Put a new set of 6TL batteries in here and she fired right up. Oil pressure over 50 PSIG and temps around 190 or so. Amp meter right on the green yellow edge but sometimes goes higher? Runs and drives perfect. She even has a functioning winch. Great truck. Just need to find a drivers door.
Pete

EnteJager

7713099c-a2de-4e07-ad4d-888f0d545f47.jpg
'92 A1, had a blast with it this summer, up grading the driver seat this week. All mastercraft seats!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks