• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Readyman's HMMWV - 4th of July Parade Hinsdale, IL

readyman

Well it was really close, but we made it! I painted the waterborne CARC and finished spraying it at 3:00pm July 3, reassembled the HMMWV at 6:00pm. The CARC was hard/dry the next morning July 4th 0700 for the trip to the parade! The drivers seat wasn't even bolted in, no doors(no time to paint them), windshields well...optional. I was trying for the Special Forces ' look' anyway.
I had to make a 'field expedient' TOW launch tube, along with some welded up field expedient weapons mounts, because the USPS lost some shipments.

We had a geat home town parade with standing ovations for the whole length of the mile and a half long parade route, it was awesome!

My wife Ruthann was riding shotgun with the M249 SAW! This HMMWV is her namesake, now officially called 'BabyRuthie' after her. Named that because it's a tad smaller than the M35 Deuce I named after her called 'LilRuthie'. Chris was up on the turret weapons platform with the TOW Missile Launcher and the M2HB, his girlfriend manned the flag waving position in the rear seat.
This was another one of those secret projects of mine. And I surprised RuthAnn with the HMMWV on the morning of the 4th, right before the parade. It was love at first sight for 'BabyRuthie'.

There still is about six months of work left on 'BabyRuthie' but I just had to try and make it for our home town 4th of July Parade. Now to finish the interior and the mechanical stuff. And continue the eternal search for those hard to find TOW Missile Launcher parts...

Attachments

readyman

More pics of the NICMVPA guy's.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice assembly of MVs in that parade! Wish my town had a parade I could run my vehicles in, the only parade Front Royal does is the Fireman's Parade, nothing more than a fund raising event for fire departments. Won't even allow a privately-owned fire truck run in the parade. Govt.-sponsored dog and pony show is all it is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks