• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Real Costs of Buying/Issues

Iggy913

Do all the 900 series trucks not require an EUC or is it just certain bases and certain models that do not require it? I see on the GL site it says some vehicles require it and some do not, but you can't see if the certain truck yor interested in requires it until the auction begins. Thank you all for the help thus far, you guys have made this whole experience much better and easier, I'm excited to make a purchase soon.

Cruceno

There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to EUC's. Some trucks and trailers require them, but others of the exact same model do not.

Its just another one of the things that make dealing with GL....interesting?

Iggy913

Just to add my newly found experience with this issue, I just purchased an M923A2 and it did not require an EUC. However at the same location if you bought an M931A2 (Tractor Trailer) or even a trailer, like an M105 you are required to have an EUC. Odd to say the least?

PETE BALLARD

Iggy, i found when filling out EUC for to use all the choices of answers in the drop down boxes, I thought if you use answers previously deemed acceptable there is no reason to slow the process down. When i bought my M1028a this process took 8 days and this was my first time. They say the first time takes longer. I was a bit worrried about their statement that it could take 60 days. i believe your only recourse would be if something happened between the time you paid and actually picked it up would be to refuse it based on what might have happened between the time the end of auction and pickup time. Save the pictures from the sale and do a good review when you pick it up. after that time i do not think there is any recourse once it is in your physical possessiion. Good luck - pete

commandojeff

I wouldn't be worried about the EUC thing. If you find a nice truck for the right price, I'd go for it even with the EUC. I gambled on my truck and I didn't know anything about GL or what I was getting myself into. I didn't preview the truck, have someone look at it, or anything of that nature. I ended up winning the auction. Within the next 7 days my first ever EUC was approved. Made an appointment to pick it up and the truck was better in person than the pictures! I brought a ton of tools, fluids, friends (that knew about these trucks), and extra cash just in case I had to get it towed off base. Luckily all I used out of everything I brought was a rag to check the oil. The guys at the base were very cooperative and let us take as much time as we wanted going over the truck. All in all, I have had a good experience with dealing with GL. I will admit that I had zero experience and I got very lucky. Study the pictures very closely, watch the video very closely, preview the truck if possible, and enjoy the experience.

Make sure when you fill out your EUC (if you do) that you do it right the FIRST time. If you mess something up, it takes much longer to do the process again.

Good luck!
Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks