• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Realistic value of M101A1

lhofeld

I am bidding on a couple of M101A1 trailers that have the spare tire mount. My intention is is to remove the mount and sell the trailer. What is a realistic asking price?

ecschreier

I'm a new CUCV & M101A owner, without much to contribute to these boards. However, I've been paying attention to this recently because I've noticed prices all over the board on the m101a. I paid $600 for mine off CL when I didn't have time to shop around and needed a trailer. It has the wooden rails, extra wheel & good condition cargo cover.. Then I met a guy that bought one that had been modified with a ball hitch, civi re-wire, without a cover for $950. But .. think these $$ are all pretty high.. I've heard anecdotally about people getting theirs for $150 and I think the Gov Liquidation site regularly sells them between $500-$550. I'd be curious to hear what others say.

gunboy1656

Wait, your trying to buy a trailer JUST to get the tire mount? Why not just make a mount yourself? Seems like a lot of headache for very little

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big lots of 101A3s are out there right now so A1 prices are probably going to drop some. I bought mine 2 years ago and it had just been overhauled, new paint, new tires, fiberglass rails, but no top - $500. I've been seeing them for half that recently.

lhofeld

Wait, your trying to buy a trailer JUST to get the tire mount? Why not just make a mount yourself? Seems like a lot of headache for very little

Well........ maybe. I want something that looks like it belongs and if I can flip the trailer for what I have in it then I am good with that. I have two M101A2s, one that I bought to use and the other to strip spares off of. I specifically bought the second because it has the jack for the front leg and it makes a world of difference when hooking up and unhooking by yourself.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Some of the M101A1's spare mounts are the bed mount spare hardware along with the always missing spinner and plate for an M37 and worth a nice little chunk of change. Other M101 spare mounts are just fab'd-up motor pool made.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
im going friday to pick up another A1. its has a new paint job with fiberglass rails.. no top.. ill be taking the bed and rails off.. putting them on a A2 frame and then ill sell the A1 after it gets a fresh paint job.. i just bought it for the fiberglass sides . so i think that you can sell it for what you paid for it. but dont forget to add your taxes and GL fees and the 60.00 sf97 fee and title fee in your home state... that all adds up real fast. last 101a2 i sold at a lost just so i didnt have to look at it any longer

Boreal21

I bought an A1 probably 6 months ago for $350 off of GL. It didn't have rails or a top... it was kind of a spontaneous buy and there was admittedly a little regret. I don't even think I had it for 2 months tho before someone offered to buy it for $400. I sold it to him and he put an MEP-003A into the back and off he went.

I took the $400 he paid me and put it toward an M101A2 with rails and canvas. Now I'm considering selling that one :roll:

Fudge0514

M101A2 I picked up for $270 before fees.
M101A3 I picked up for $230 before fees (STEAL!)
M101A3 I just won today (looks brand new, its a 2005 year model) for $760 (gasp)

11 auctions for M101A3s just ended a few hours ago here in Oklahoma at Ft. Sill. They were all very nice trailers. Final pricings ranged from well over $600 to $1,070. Insane.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Government started dumping the 101 trailers in bulk about a year ago. Most units have not gotten the new M1101/M1102 trailers. There are now thousands of these trailers coming out along with the M105 series trailer, I stated in a previous thread the market is becoming highly saturated and will remain so for at least the next 12-18 months. If you need to dump them now, I'd be trying just to break even. If you bought a 105 trailers, you could take a bath on those.

Lex_Ordo

It is too bad that there are only the larger trailers now. The spare tire mount is a good idea though if you can't find it anywhere else.
I have a 1/4 ton jeep trailer (Canadian M101). The size, and weight are just so much more manageable then the larger US M101s. Certainly easier to store and re-sell.

Pawnshop

In a world of $300 ish M101A2s I would think it would be hard to get $200 for a M101A1. The A2s brakes, wheels and tubeless tires make them much easier to deal with. That said, to an unknowing civilian on CL? $350 or more around here, your mileage may vary...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks