• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Really frustrated. .M1010 and questionable work

infidel got me

3 brand new glow plugs were bad...meaning they left it in run without starting engine....

They can't duplicate the surging but it happened 30 seconds after leaving...sigh....

They tried to bill me for it...I about lost it...

I had a huge post written but my battery died and...poof..

When I get on my laptop I'll go into more detail.
Just lick your wounds,and find another shop.Ask at your local parts store.
Napa,car quest or a truck stop.Someone fixes em right in WA.
GOOD LUCK

Skinny

The shop really messed up not contacting you after going over the estimate. True, book time is never accurate especially on older trucks. Yes, I'd charge you double if I ran into a problem fixing your truck. It is YOUR truck...I don't own it nor did I design it. But a good shop will communicate with you at every major step of the repair.

These things are 30 years old, you are going to pay a LOT of money to someone getting it to a reliable point. If you can't do the repairs for whatever reason, buckle up because your truck is about to take you for a ride.

I would step back and evaluate if this thing is what you want or are looking for. Pretty much everything can be done by a novice with some time and tools but if you don't have the capacity then your only option is to write checks. I hope you find a shop that is courteous and willing to work with you.

MarcusOReallyus

As a shop owner I would like to point out that an estimate is just that. An estimate!! Now if that was my shop I would be embarrassed to be that far
out on an estimate and I certainly wouldn't proceed with the job without discussing the matter with the customer. As for putting the head on and off a few
times that is the shop's problem and at my shop we would eat that labour. My customers don't pay for our mistakes and that is what has kept me in business for
fourty four years. I would try to sit down with the shop owner and talk this over. Something at his shop is definitely wrong. Good luck.
Barry

That's the way it's supposed to be. My mistake, I eat it. Your mistake, you eat it. Seems simple enough to me.

:beer:

I dropped a shop for exactly that reason, and will every time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks