• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Axle M1009

OL AG '89

small bits of metal ..... if you have the funds then buy the new stuff. If you don't plan to abuse the truck, run the diff as is and when money is available spend it wisely.
I can't see paying $119 more for what appears to be the same items with identical warranties.

Mrtom

@ ol ag 89

you re right. the two teeth are very small and it could be that the trucks runs tousands of miles with it. but i really feel better when i have new parts in the axle.

and with the price i also agree with you. it s like here. when you compare prices you can save a lot of money.

tom

Mrtom

good evening guys !!!

i ´ve another question. the repairing of the rear axle runs. i have a change axle and ordered a new ring and pinion and bearing set at partstrain . i hope it will arrive in a few days in germany.

and now my question is, is it possible to install the gov lock ? i dont drive offroad and so i think it could be better to install the limited sliped ......

is that possible????

tom

AJMBLAZER

Do you WANT to keep the Gov Lock or install a limited slip?

Although technically the Gov Lock is a locker it functions more like a very tightly locking limited slip.

They're also pieces of crap that like to blow up so I hate them personally.

If you want to get rid of one you will need an open carrier and associated spider gears or the replacement limited slip. The carrier that the Gov-Lock is in is specific to it.