• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CT Rear Brake release prob

Jon41W

Hi, I am new to the group so hopefully im posting this in the right place.
I have a 1968 M35a2 duece and as I was driving last week I came to a stop and went to take off and noticed the rear brakes were locked up. The brake pedal was at the complete top with no free play. The only way I was able to get the brakes to release was to drain the air out of the system. I limped it home with the drains open. It seams that once the system builds air pressure the rear brakes stay applied and the brake pedal gets hard and high. Any suggestions on a repair for this? Thank you

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another cause may just be the shoes are adjusted too tight, or the master cylinder pushrod is set too long.

Then they rub a bit, get hot & expand, then lock up.

DG

Jon41W

Another cause may just be the shoes are adjusted too tight, or the master cylinder pushrod is set too long.

Then they rub a bit, get hot & expand, then lock up.

DG
I checked the brake adjustments and found all that is ok. This has been a truck that has been driven daily until this happened. Thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks