• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear bumper pictures

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That order may help resolve my issues fitting the inner braces. I did get the Rhino tire carrier mounted, but I am waiting on the mud flaps. I may just loosen everything up a bit and try to squeeze the inner braces in once the mud flaps arrive. I had no luck getting the inner braces on, regardless of the status of the pintle hitch. It makes sense that the entire bumper needs to move out a bit to accommodate.

Best Regards,
-Economist.

TedG

There are several inner braces that have been made. Only one fits this application. I have an unmounted one at home and I will snap a picture of it with a tape measure.

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any luck on tracking down the braces? I am thinking I will mill mine down to fit. The braces are very thick and quite close to fitting in.

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ted,

If there was a patron saint of HMMWV restoration, it would have to be you. Many thanks. I will measure mine and let you know the results. Have a great weekend!

-Economist.

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brackets appear to be identical to the photos. I will try to loosen up the fittings first and then resort to a little tolerance milling to get it in. Thanks again.

foxtrot

The -24P is very good to look at.

Here is a setup prior to painting. Bumpers are cheap and easy to find, all the brackets take time and $. Good luck!
Hello,
TedG.
Looking at your photo :popcorn: it seems to me your left front and rear tires are mounted upside down.

TedG

Funny foxtrot! Tell that to the inspector of these M1114's being delivered to in Iraq! lol

The supplier mounts all tires the same on the rims. Yes, the tread is technically backwards but it is easier to have one setup as opposed to several. Some of the civi owners of hmmwv's will change the tire on the rim but I am lazy and install only new sets the same as the supplier.

Thanks.

Attachments