• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear bumper tire carrier questions

parklandtrans

Camoyj7,
You are 100% correct...these type of ends denote a heavy duty steel bumper, not the Aluminum type...in fact I think that I've only seen 1 Aluminum bumper in my whole life...not very common. In my opinion the H/D style in picture #1 is the only bumper to use...overbuilt to the MAX..!!
Does anyone have a line on the Rhino Spare Tire carrier as pictured in #1....preferably a very good used one but will entertain a NOS bumper as well...!!! Again, a 100% overbuilt piece of equipment...!!!... I love it..!!

Thanks everybody,
Bob H.
1-253-225-0441

avlon01

Are there any carriers that mount to the stock non-airlift rear? Everything I've found needs an airlift bumper and I just don't like the way they look.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are there any carriers that mount to the stock non-airlift rear? Everything I've found needs an airlift bumper and I just don't like the way they look.
there aren't any..and please don't post a pic of the unit that no one has ever owned. Someone posted a pic in another thread. Never seen one in 30yrs of military service. If it was used, it would be in a TM, and there are none in any of the TM's...I like the look of no bumper, that is till you get rear ended or back into something, I guarantee you will change your mind....lol
At minimum you will need a new fender, but most likey a new D-Beam too.
i had a truck in that was rear ended...2 new fenders, new D-beam, 2 new deck 1/4 panals and had to graft in 6in of new main rear deck.
that was about 5k in labor and parts.

Last edited:

Action

Rico once made the brackets to mount the carrier without using the airlift bumper. I don't think they sell those anymore, though.
You can get a civilian H1 bed mounted carrier, but that takes up all your storage space.
You can put a slantback kit on and keep the spare on the hatch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks