• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear diff oil seal?

Patattack

quick ? my rear diff oil seal is leaking, do i order the seal off a k10 3/4 ton cuz the civi blazer is 1/2 ton, its sounds like a stupid ?, but i just want to make sure, thanks

OL AG '89

The M1009 has Corporate 10 bolt axles front and rear with 3.08 gear ratio and a Gov-Lok in the rear. The front axle is open.

Straight from the WIKI page

Cucvnut

looks like you might need the
Differential Bearing/Seal Kit-Front.

Can you take some pictures so we can be sure that's what you need ?

Last edited:

344lbsofgetdown

if u need the diff cover seal all u need to know is its 10 bolt any parts guy that is good at what he does will find it i changed mine dont like the gasket so i use the right stuff

JUNKYARDJOHN

yea the back were the driveshaft connects to, i hate using rtv, but if i cant find it i guess ill have to.
Any pinion seal for a 10 bolt g.m. corp. will work. The only difference between 10 bolt 1/2 & 3/4 tons are the hubs. (8 lug vs. 6 lug) . The M1009s & civi. blazers are the same except for the spring pack. RTV will not work on a pinion seal, but they seal up a rear cover just fine instead of a gasket. 2cents John (I think you guys are confusing seals with gaskets)

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
quick ? my rear diff oil seal is leaking, do i order the seal off a k10 3/4 ton cuz the civi blazer is 1/2 ton, its sounds like a stupid ?, but i just want to make sure, thanks
Just go to any parts store and ask for parts for a military vehicle. They will be more than happy to help you. ;-);-);-)

First off, NEVER assume we know what truck you are talking about. List the type of vehicle.

If you would take old advice and LOOK at the parts manuals, you will find 99% of all the GM part numbers you will every need.

Don't know what the part is called? Look thru the parts manual untill you find the picture of the part, then see what it is called and the associated part number.

Take those numbers, google them and you will find your parts.

NAPA will even list the interchange numbers.

Not that hard, just takes some effort.

From the TM 9-2320-289-34P parts manual, Figure 112, Item #4 the GM part number for the rear Pinion Oil Seal for the M1009 is:

GM 1243465

Plugging that into NAPAs parts interchange it shows:

NOS 19273

WOW!!! Amazing how that works.

Last edited:

Patattack

CAIM DOWN warthog im just asking a simple question. im new at this ok im used to putting nsn on paper or ordering parts for civi trucks. i didnt know u could do that, thanks for pointing that out for future references,:smile:

OL AG '89

CAIM DOWN warthog im just asking a simple question. im new at this ok im used to putting nsn on paper or ordering parts for civi trucks. i didnt know u could do that, thanks for pointing that out for future references,:smile:
WOW..... not making friends with a response like that....
If you are used to ordering parts for Civy trucks, then pretend the TM -34P is your parts ordering book.
READ THE BOOK!!!!
then ask questions!!!!
Do you have a copy of the -34P?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks