• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear drive shaft slop

Zero_cool

I have this clunk in my truck everytime i let off the gas and get back on it. Its coming from the slop in my rear drive shaft, i can turn the drive shaft clockwise and counterclockwise a couple inches before it stops. anyone have this slop on there rigs,or know what this could be?

scrambled

Detroit lockers can have up to 1/2 of a driveshaft revolution of slop in them and still be in spec. I had a customer's jeep that has a full detroit in the rear and a huge amount of play in the driveshaft. The engineers at detroit said it was all cool. It sounded horrible though.

:ditto:i agree, warwag. ujoints were my first thought. had the same symptoms before going out on my 72 travelall, and my 92 bronco. check them and grease them... better safe than sorry. my m1010 has a slight sound of that nature, but not very noticeable... but the fact that it has only 14k on it means its prob not completely broken in yet either... may get louder with time...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks