• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Driveshaft Mod Help

melbatoast

I recently blew up my NP208 and replaced it with an NP241 from an '89 Suburban. This NP241 has a slip-yoke eliminator kit installed so that the rear output flange (cv?) looks identical to the front output flange. Also the same flange as the NP208 front output. So I went and installed it. It's stuck in a town 4 hours from here until I can drive it home. I forgot to measure the rear output flange before I left and the driveshaft shop wants exact measurements of my rear output bolt circle and whatnot. I figured it would be common info at a driveshaft shop but they didn't seem to know. Does anybody know what kind of connection I can tell the shop to put on there? Also do I need a double cardan cv in there? My truck is not lifted. Thanks!

It looks like the picture.

Attachments

Last edited:

melbatoast

I thought about that but I'm in Fort Collins, Colorado and my truck is in Kremmling, CO on the other side of the continental divide. I might have a hard time on the roads with only front wheel drive.

bchesley

Nah, you would be fine. You really only want the front pulling anyways. I say go for it. I know I am from Texas, but I have driven in just about every kind of weather there is and snow with front wheel drive is totally doable.