• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear fuel tank m1008

No buffaloes, but if I could find me one of the nifty canvas hanging things they put out in the field for canteen refills I'd hang it from a ladder rack and fill it with the high test washer fluid.
Of course that was back in the steel pot and OD Greens days.
I miss the taste of wet canvas.

Last edited:

llong66

Corelokt, if you want to do something similar to the way GM did it from the factory,, its pretty simple. I had an '85 Silvarado. There is a "valve" between the tanks and a switch on the dash. The fuel feed and sender wires from each tank go to the valve and you chose by simply flipping that switch, wherever you want to put it. even new the parts arnt to bad.

I have one of those valves for my saddle tanks. I need to run heavier wires to it as I think the 22gga signal wire is way to thin. I thought it was powering a relay in it, but now I think it energizes a magnet directly.
I want a third tank for another fluid.
I'm waiting to hear about a set of the brackets for a blazer tank from a member.

cucvrus

DSCF2685.jpgDSCF2683.jpgDSCF2684.jpgDSCF2686.jpgUpon further inspection. I see that both the rear cross members are the same in the M1009. I have 2 removed and ready to ship. I done the hard part and cut them out of the frame. The ones on the box are the ones I want to ship you. $50. for the pair + shipping. I have them ready to go. PM me if you are interested.