• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Gun Mount Help

RJTM998

I purchased these two items and was wondering if you guys can tell me where and how it is installed. Based on my research the large piece goes on the crossbar behind the driver's seat. The other piece goes on the B Pillar up at the seatbelt mount area. Is this correct? What are the trim pieces for? I have also seen another style of mount used also. I assume the two pieces I have go together? Thanks!!

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is hard to tell from the picture but the b pillar mount does not look right. Clamp yes.
It bolts to the block that bolts to the b pillar
Mine did not come with the rubber pieces.

I have a m998 soft top.
I got a feeling yours might be for a slant back.
Can you post a better pic and I can post a picture of mine tommorrow.

RJTM998

It is hard to tell from the picture but the b pillar mount does not look right. Clamp yes.
It bolts to the block that bolts to the b pillar
Mine did not come with the rubber pieces.

I have a m998 soft top.
I got a feeling yours might be for a slant back.
Can you post a better pic and I can post a picture of mine tommorrow.
I found these pics after more searching. I guess now my question is the bottom piece I have correct? Just FYI I have a soft top/doors M998.

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. bottom is correct.
If I remember correctly, I ordered the B pillar blocks from mac or equipment parts in Pa as I could not find them anywhere.

I think that is my pic 🤠

RJTM998

That looks correct now.

Just check against your b pillar for hole alignment.
Just had not seen the trim pieces before.
I may end up removing them but I assume it is to help with sharp edges in a crash or just in general. Not easy to install as one long piece but I rigged it the best way I could.

RJTM998

Yes. bottom is correct.
If I remember correctly, I ordered the B pillar blocks from mac or equipment parts in Pa as I could not find them anywhere.

I think that is my pic 🤠
Mounting the clamp in you configuration does not work with the bottom piece I bought. Are you using both or just the clamp and resting the buttstock on the floor?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks