• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Leaf Springs - do they have bushings?

Aernan

I just got my truck it's a M1078. I'm noticing all these little details which I'm not sure about.

Where rear leaf springs connect to the spring shackles. Is there a bushing (rubber) that goes in there?

markgjsquires

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello. Just curious as to how you made out. They do require bushings I know, were you able to install new bushings while on the truck or did you have to remove the leaf springs and have new ones pressed in. My front and rear ones require some attention. I think that’s where my high speed vibration is coming from any info you could shoot my way would be appreciated. Thanks

markgjsquires

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That’s what mines started doing a little more and more. I was convinced it was a ujoint/driveshaft problem and going to grease it up the other day I noticed all the bushings were gone in the rear and the two rear shackles for the front axle leaf springs as well. I’ve been trying to look online for some but haven’t had any luck. I’m hoping I don’t have to completely remove them and then take them to a spring shop. One question though when you look at your leaf spring assembly do you have 3 leaves or four. Mine has 3 but some replacements I’ve seen online have 4. Not sure if the newer ones had more. Thanks

Green Mountain Boys

My 1998 M1078 has 5 leaf springs in the front and 3 in the rear. Not sure why some are different than others. My truck does have the self recovery winch which adds about 1,000 pounds to the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks