• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear main oil seal leak?

Rich Johnson

I looked at the top of the rear of the engine, is that where the shaft seal is?
I saw where I think a distributer would go if this were a gas engine. I think its obvious, I know very little about diesels.

lavarok

I looked at the top of the rear of the engine, is that where the shaft seal is?
I saw where I think a distributer would go if this were a gas engine. I think its obvious, I know very little about diesels.
Top front on the IP. If the valley is wet, then your IP is likely leaking. As the diesel drips down the back of the block it can look like an oil leak. However, if the valley is dry then it is most likely your rear main. Factory seal was a rope seal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks