• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Radio power rack

stationjj

I am a newbie, and just bought a 84 M1009 Blazer.

It is missing the rear radio power rack. I want to put in the rear radio power rack.

After research I am not sure what I am looking for is called.
Is this called rear radio power rack, Power console, Power bus?

I am missing the power connectors used for the rear radio. I have the heavy duty cables, that should connect it back up front.

I am not looking for the rear radio power cables.
I do understand it is a 24 volt power rack. I have a 24 volt inverter I want to attach.

Can anyone please direct me to where I may find this part or what I am looking for?

Thanks,

stationjj

K9Vic

Yes eBay is one the place, but site rules we cannot post any links to one if they are currently listed.

Best way to search is just "CUCV radio" or just "CUCV" and look at all the listings. I got mine from eBay before the hype for under $50, but they average about $100 now. You may get lucky and find one for less, but they are in high demand.

An engine bay 24v power buss or power stripe is currently on eBay, just search "CUCV power buss" and you will find it. Price is fair if you need one as I do not see these too often, so grab it if you can. This is not the correct one for the radio equipment, but it will work if you need one. If you want the correct one, they are hard to find and the attached picture is the larger radio power buss.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
stationjj you need to update your profile to a real location, that way other will know where the heck you are and could offer you to come by and see the parts you are looking for. That is unless you live in Antarctica then South will do.

I have an MT-1029 base (big one) and 2 MT-1898's (smaller ones).
I also have a power bus like the picture K9Vic posted.

And I also have a whole VRC-53 set-up. Which includes the: PRC-25 (w/ backpack), AM-2060, MT-1029 base, headset and handset, and the various power cables. VRC53 info:http://www.greenradio.de/htm2/e_vrc53.htm

PM me if you are interested.

Last edited: