• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Seat Removal?

BigB84

I know this may make me sound completely stupid, but I've been trying to take the rear seat out of my m1009 to clean ist out really good and prep for a rino liner. I've followed the TM and unbolted the seat belts and the poston on the rt. I've pull lke crazy on the handle in the rear with no success. aua Any insight out there?

gt1009

Spray some pb blaster on it and let it sit for a while. When I got mine the handle was pretty much frozen up with rust. It just needed a little lubrication to get it moving again.

BigB84

Before I posted, I used the search function on this site and searched for "m1009 rear seat removal", "rear seat removal", "seat removal" and several others. Sorry if some of these post aggravate the tenured members.

ONTOS66

Spray all of the bolts, etc. and let them soak a bit. I removed mine by removing all the bolts from the floor - and after a bit of soaking and elbow grease - it came out fine.