• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear shackle bushings diameter

Gunfighter1

Im going to be swapping out my sagging rear springs on my 86 m1009 soon and want to swap the shackle bushings as well. Looking at the prothane bushings they have 2 sizes 1 3/8, and 1 1/2. Does anyone know what size they are for our trucks?

cucvrus

I have seen both sizes. If you are referring to the shackle to frame bracket. Most i replaced were 1 3/8". I hope that helps you. And the front sway bar is 1 1/4". Use the energy suspension parts. In my experience they are the easiest and best to install. While you are at it do the front springs and motor mounts. Why not do a good job the first time. I have had great trouble changing the body mounts on several units. So If it is not broken i am nit fixing them. The rubber will have to stay.

Gunfighter1

Thanks for the imput. I have newer 2 in lift springs i put on a few years ago and a 2 in block in the rear. Didnt replace the front frame/shackle bushings tho i did it on the cheap instead of doing it right. Since i will have the rear springs out im going to do the rear shackle bushings to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks