• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear side exit exhaust.

Ok. So I've searched using every possible combination of words, but have yet to find any decent info on routing the Deuce exhaust to in front of the rear wheels under the bed. What would be cool: Pictures, info on performance (EGT, power), any unforeseen snags (like, Oh, by the way, you will have to turn the pipe into spaghetti to get it to clear the t-case, frame, etc) I heard the gassers had this setup stock?

JDToumanian

The gassers and earlier non-turbo deuces had the exhaust come out between the rear axles, not in front of them.... Take a look at a -209 series parts manual 9-2320-209-20P or 9-2320-209-34P (either can be downloaded in the TM section here) to see what it looked like and see the part numbers.

For a deuce with a turbo, it will be a restriction.... from the muffler back the pipe is smaller than a turbo's exhaust, but maybe you could duplicate it with civilian parts in the larger size? I'm sure they decided to come out between the rear axles instead of in front of them for improved ground-clearance.

Jon

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Do a search for "plunder" in thread titles and "Alredneck" in author. He said it cost about $130 for his application.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm SOOO glad this topic came up, as I was starting to lay out my rear exhaust for the Ferro Exhaust-o-matic...

Now I know where to get the parts to just bolt it all together. Thanks!!

JDToumanian

Only problem I can see is that the fording depth is now lower than stock... Maybe a humvee-like extension with an 90deg bend at the bottom to attach to where it exits out the side and route it up?
There is a triangular flange on the pipe where it ends between the rear wheels, this is where the exhaust extension bolts on.... It was included in the earlier fording kits. The kit even included an exhaust flapper

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks