• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear window alignment

RuzzP

Hey guys I bought my 09 with the window out of alignment. The guy I bought it from said he put a used window assy from a wrecker in it and it just needs alignment. I cant seem to figure it out. Adjustment screws for the tracks dont do anything. Are the two marks on the gears supposed to be lined up?20130303_162703.jpg20130303_163255.jpg

Im also pretty sure hes lying about replacing it as the access panel screws all felt torqued still and non of the bolts inside have had a tool on them.

Let me know what you guys think my back seat is over cluttered due to the one corner not going up and being duct taped. Lol

Thanks in advance

Russell

RuzzP

Yeah after pondering some more maybe he did have this apart and just lined the gears up wrong. In the pic of the gears you can see the mark on the left gear towards the center of the pic. On the right hand gear the mark is way up just below the rod that goes to the tailgate latch. Also from looking at the roller(s)positions on the window tells me something way outta whack(LH is almost centered, RH is all the way to the right). I could see him re assembling it and just centering the gears, causing this( i counted the protruding teeth and they are equal. Pretty sure if i line those marks up on the gears it will be good to go. Now to figure that out.. ill keep you posted...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks