• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear window problem

PAm1009

Just went to roll my back window down and halfway throught it the handle started spinning freely ad the lock came out soo something broke obvisouly.. my problem is how do i get the window back before the snow comes i currently have the tailgate panel off for access but is awkard becasue the gate wont go down with glass half up.. thanx alot for the help

67_C-30

Just went to roll my back window down and halfway throught it the handle started spinning freely ad the lock came out soo something broke obvisouly.. my problem is how do i get the window back before the snow comes i currently have the tailgate panel off for access but is awkard becasue the gate wont go down with glass half up.. thanx alot for the help
You can take a small allen wrench (like less than 1/8") and insert the short end into the hole inside the crank (where the lock assembly goes) and get it cranked back up. You may have play around a little but stick the allen wrench in there, and slowly rotate it until it engages. This has saved my butt several times!

mf5129

it would be nice to see a gate rebuild link posted..this a a problem with a m1009.i hate this gate design.its a never ending problem.i have given thought to making a frame to replace the glass and install hinges and doors.sealing the area is where there may be issues.the left release cable is also a problem.

jooakes

If you already have the inside panel off? There is a rod that the glass hits and pushes down (when you can roll the window down) Just push it down and you will be able to open the gate. BE CAREFUL YOU NEED TO SUPPORT THE GLASS WITH THE GATE OPEN AND THE GLASS OUT DON'T BRAKE THE GLASS !

1986Blazerk5

I would say that the window regulator is shot, but i have not had many problems with the back window, as i found mine off of a civilian truck that has a power rear window, if you find one at a junk yard i would recommend it.

Timber

The rear window crank will work with or without a lock present. There is a c-clip lock on the back of the crank that probably broke and rendered yours useless.

I just replaced the entire mechanism on my civvy Blazer, it's not hard at all. LMC truck catalogs have an excellent exploded view of how it fits together and all the parts. Get a catalog from them and see what you're missing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks