• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reason Mep-016b runs a neutral ground to the frame?

seek

I am not completely sure if I have used the correct terms in the title.

My neighbor is a electrician and he was involved in a huge project for many months and was not around to assist me when I got my generator. That's over and he was assisting me on a project? He asked me why my generator has a wire run from neutral to my ground terminal on my frame. I told him a little about the flexibility of the generator and the lack of 120/240 blah blah and that grounding varied according to how the power was utilized and that some 016's had been modified over time and explained my particular one had not been modified and basically the manual says this is how you do it to survive..

He asked does anyone know why they wired that way? I can see his confusion he works off the power companies lines so everything in his world is a set way.

Thanks. Seemed like a fair question and I imagine this forum is the best place to ask this type question. I will advise him if someone answers it.

Isaac-1

Ask him if it was not done this way how would he ground it for field operation when it was not connected to a house through a transfer switch, etc?

seek

OK so the answers in that question. I think I will just pose it less the question and more like an answer because he is my neighbor and he was genuinely curious and I don't want to make a big deal out of it. But it was nice of you to say and I will pass it on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks