• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reasonable IP rebuild price?

Sp0okfish

Was wandering how many of you guys have had your IP rebuilt and what kind of price range. I got a quote of 1,200$ to remove, rebuild and re-install. Sounds a little high to me just wandering what yalls input is.

pmramsey

I have replaced IPs in two of my CUCV trucks. I spent $673.00 each for the rebuilt part and labor to install and calibrate. They run smooth, smooth, smooth. There is no engine shake or vibration and the shifting is so smooth one hardly realizes the shift from 1st to 2nd. Work was done in Culpeper VA

DXTAC

I just paid for and picked mine up today as a matter of fact. The price for the IP, IP install kit (which you do need), new injectors and an injector install kit (which you also need) was $1,421 minus $500 for the cores so a total of $921.48. Bought it through Midwest Fuel Injection. Everything is done in-house in the U.S.A. BTW the install kit included intake gasket, IP gasket and everything else needed to do the job correctly.

The Pump alone was $784.87 minus $300 for the core so $484.87.

Hope this helps!!

Thx,

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been told by a buddy of mine that did his, he had good luck with a rebuilt one from USDiesel / US Diesel -- Fuel injection replacement parts, tools, and equipment - they sell rebuilt IP's and you can also get new injector tips, etc from them as well. They are here in the DFW area.

If memory serves, he paid a little under $500 (with his old one as a core) including s&h. Took him a weekend to do the swap. But he's very careful in doing this kind of work.

forest522

That was the main issue with my rig. Once I found someone who was 'into' the 6.2 in my small town, the right mechanic was all over it. After several other fuel delivery fixes and the sad news that the previous owner used really bad bio-diesel that also killed the core's value (a loss of $280 for core exchange) I ended up forking over $1200 (included labor) for the complete and new replacement.

She doesnt smoke anymore and runs like a champ!

hahns

Another vote for badger diesel, I ordered my rebuilt pump for the same price. I also ordered a set of rebuilt injectors. Just had to send back the cores. Been running them both a for a couple months including ~400 mile trips with no problems.

install is not that hard just take your time.

Flingarrows

Another vote for badger diesel, I ordered my rebuilt pump for the same price. I also ordered a set of rebuilt injectors. Just had to send back the cores. Been running them both a for a couple months including ~400 mile trips with no problems.

install is not that hard just take your time.
Also, Pensecola Diesel has great prices (and service) for injectors and return line kits

Matt65

Accurate Diesel did mine through mail. I remember it being around 200$ maybe. Tim is the guy I dealt with. I would recommend him highly. Very good work, at a reasonable price.

http://www.accuratediesel.com/contact_information.html

Skinny

That is a great price for all of that.

I just paid $500 after exchanging my core for a reman'd updated pump (IIRC, it is a 2829-4454).

I also picked up a 6" 2 micron Stanadyne FM100 filter with a 24v heating element for another $150 from the DieselStore.com

Skinny

I am going to install the Stanadyne FM100 hopefully this weekend. I will post up the results.

It looks like a decent unit for the price. I helped my buddy put a Racor on his sailboat and was not impressed with all the leaks out of the box (not to mention not being able to remove the factory filter by hand, sloshing fuel plugged it up after sitting for awhile and we couldn't get it off) and way overpriced for what it is.

I ordered all of my NPT fittings from McMaster Carr along with single crimp stainless steel clamps. I wanted to avoid using adapters and fittings that point in the wrong direction because that is all you can get at a Lowes or Home Depot. I really want this to be the last time I have to deal with the fuel system in the engine bay for a very long time.

tbearatkin

Near Memphis TN here is what I paid for somebody to do the work.

Injector Pump 1 yr warranty- $325
Gasket and installation kit-$27.95
Vacuum Regulator-$100 (not needed if yours is still good)
Labor- $80 hr 6.25hr=$500
Government cut of the pie- $78.90
Total 1031.85