• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reasons to NOT get a M916?

Hammer

You sir are a tease!
I bid a few up a ways, but it went past my current $ limit.
Darn it, I hate being responsible...

Albin

You guys are going to get me in trouble with my wife if she finds out I'm looking at mil-vehicles!

There's an Army base not too far away that has at least seven M916s coming up for auction.

If any of you out-of-towners want me to go look at them, let me know. I don't know M916s very well, if at all, but I can take pics and talk to the guys and see if they can shed any light on their condition. Just let me know.

Al

P.S. I hope this isn't a violation of the site rules, if so, I'll pull the offer.

Thanks,

Al

I bought a M920 with 8 brand new tires, and drove it home (about 1.5 hours from home), paid $8K and an AR-15.

Sold the 8 new tires for $2400
Installed 53" Michelins ($600 + a 5-ton rear axle)
sold rear winch for $1800
installed deuce bed ($650 with side boards)

I can't complain for what I have in mine, every one I have seen on GL have gone for more than I would want to spend, mine needs some work, but the fact it was close to home and from a private seller helped me out on getting one.

I haven't driven it much but I can say for a fact the power is WAY better than a 5-ton, although acceleration is pathetic with the CAT 16 speed.