• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reb shifter

uss sterett

Bought a reb shifter for $100 good deal I think only missing a linkage rod easily made. Any advice from people who already have one? operating advice, installing advice. Warnings etc .much appreciated

I put bought the REB shifter from Memphis Equipment about 15 years ago for my m211 it is great to have no more hunting for the right gear .you do block off high reverse .

6x6XL

Im running one my Deuce and its awesome. the biggest benefit ive found is the downshift drop that will almost send you through the windshield is controllable. you just need to be sure to be slow enough when you drop into 2nd and first. i would like a tach but the 302 is supposed to have a limiter. at first it makes driving the truck a bit more chaotic in traffic but with a little practice, no issues. just keep your foot down and pull the lever, nice setup. i have no complaints. I have the high reverse blocked off, but a buddy of mine is running the same thing and he runs high reverse, you just need to come to a COMPLETE stop before shifting back to forward or you will bind the trans up (which from my understanding doesnt matter if you have the shift kit or not). If i keep this engine trans setup i will build a little longer shifter for mine though.

uss sterett

Nice thanks for the advice, my linkage is pretty sloppy coming from carb to the transmission. So my up shift patterns are inconsistent. I am looking forward to the install of the reb. Thanks again

SturmTyger380

As for shifting the transmission with the stock automatic, since mine is not running yet, has anyone tried the suggestions for shifting that are described on the Hydramatic Heaven document at the link?

Did they help any?