• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rebuild generator?

Macanie

Are the individual components available to rebuild a generator for M35A2 ? Does it even make sense money wise to do so? Our local alternator/starter rebuilder can't get the parts I need, but thinks it may be too expensive anyway. Thoughts?
Thanks, Rick

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think Front line has some of the regulators. For $100, I can get a new regulator from them, and slap it on. Or I can get a good used takeout for $100. The one I 'rebuilt' might have other issues, and the 'good take out' might die in a week.

It's a carp shoot.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
you said generator, do you mean alternator? either one is easy to o/h shop around for parts, i have seen regulators on ebay for $5. any competant shop should be able to do it as parts are easy to get, but having it done for you will be $$$$. find someone near you that knows what to do. and be sure it is bad before you start..........

Scarecrow1

A local shop should be able to rebuild it at a fair price , just don't act like you don't have anyother options . I had a grease ball try to double the cost just because he said ( you don't find these anymore) I said you want to bet and ask could I use his computer ......He got the Idea . I think it was quite reasonable ....:wink:

Macanie

Ok, thanks guys. I bought a take-out last week and it worked fine, I just thought I would rebuild the old one and put it on the shelf for future use since we are using 4 M35A2's in our operation. I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks again for the info,
Rick