• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuild my 1962 M37

carguy455

patch said:
Gary, did you buy it? How much snow you got up there? JK
Oh God no I didn't buy it, not too flush with cash right now, I would LIKE to buy it, been trying to buy several others so I could build a pair, 1 stock, 1 not. I have been very ill as of late so not much happening. We got 11" of the "white death" on top of the foot and a half we had already.

Hey , amazingly there are no pics of KEITHS project on HIS post ??? Whats up with that ??? Lets see the one we are all talking about !

carguy455

Sweet frame ! OMG the condition of the sheetmetal and frame make me want to cry compared to the rustbuckets I find here in Maine !!!!

That is great stuff to work with !! Picked a color yet ?

rustyscrew

That is great stuff to work with !! Picked a color yet ?
After a little sanding I found what I was looking for, She belonged to The US Marine Corps. So I'm thinking I will use that as my guide as I restore her. Now I need to find out what color scheme was used on these beauties in 1962

carguy455

Military Vehicles Magazine did another article on M37 3rd Member Upgrades , February 2007 , issue #119. Lots of good info there as well ! The truck they feature has been equiped with disc brakes. Check that one out.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, looks like you have your work cut out for you, in terms of finding spare parts. However, it looks like the shape of the parts you DO have is excellent! Great save!

rustyscrew

Wow, looks like you have your work cut out for you, in terms of finding spare parts. However, it looks like the shape of the parts you DO have is excellent! Great save!
The pictures I posted were just a few. Other then the troop seats and cab and cargo covers and a few cosmetic parts here and there I would say that she is around 95% complete as far as parts go. I also scored a complete matching trailer with the deal. This M37 was running pretty good when I got her I was having some fuel system issues and next thing I knew I had her torn down to the frame. GOOD LORD WHAT HAVE I DONE! :shock:

carguy455

Oh quit worrying ! When its done it will be FKA ! and you will know what you have, and it will be reliable. Duty now for the future [DEVO].

carguy455

carguy455 said:
Oh quit worrying ! When its done it will be FKA ! and you will know what you have, and it will be reliable. Duty now for the future [DEVO].

I make one bad reference to 80's new wave and suddenly the thread goes cold...... :roll:

rustyscrew

It's with a very heavy heart that I MUST sell my M37 :cry: . She is torn down to the frame and ready for someone to build her back up. This M37 was running before tear down metal is in great shape. First $1500 takes it and matching trailer. I want to try and sell her whole before I start parting her out. so if anyone is interested let me know I will give this forum first shot before I list her.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks