• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuilt injector pumps - maybe

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sorry, just trying to keep pace with your previous post, and all he other "my deal is better than your deal" posts in this thread.

:deadhorse:

ssdvc

No. My pump was garbage and I think CUCV Nut's was too. Had the original one rebuilt locally.
Please explain what was wrong with your pump and what was done about it. Was it bad upon receipt/initial installation?

Thanks.

sschaefer3

What I did not do is google Pensacola fuel injection. You will have pages and pages to read. The local Phoenix place that rebuilt the original pump said that all they do is wash the pumps and fix what is wrong with it, they do not rebuild them for 350. What was wrong with mine is that when it was hot it would not start. Cold started every time. It was obviously and old bad fuel shut off. So what I got was a washed up poump from a 1990 Van that was in worse shape that what I started with. Like CUCV nut it took me too long to figure out what the issue was because how could a brand new pump be bad, it was not a new pump. You want the pump I got from them? You can have it. I don't want it. I made a mistake and learned a lesson.

Cucvnut

Same with me my pump #2 is junk!!! BUt its past the year warrenty, the first pump would not idle and the second pump leaks fuel so bad i cant drive the truck and has hot start issues. That shop is horrible, i need to get my spare rebuilt. But the local shop wants 600 so i need to send mine out to be worked on.

sschaefer3

I ended up with this pump from them. Luckily I still had my original to get rebuilt locally.

[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]DB2829-4779[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]04779[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]10149610[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]6.2 Liter[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]1990 Heavy Duty CKRVP Truck G Van[/FONT]

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You might try searching online for pensacola diesel. They're well known for made in china sub-par parts.

MarcusOReallyus

What I did not do is google Pensacola fuel injection. You will have pages and pages to read.
You might try searching online for pensacola diesel. They're well known for made in china sub-par parts.

I just did a search on them. Pretty bad stuff. To me, the worst evidence against them is their own words on the BBB site when responding to customer complaints.

Not that I think much of the BBB, but it's sometimes a good way to see how a company treats unhappy customers.

You never really know what kind of people you are dealing with until you see how they resolve customer complaints.

Pensacola Diesel seems to have a pretty bad attitude. For example:

http://www.bbb.org/northwestern-flo...in-pensacola-fl-16003170/complaints#breakdown

Thanks to someone reviving an old thread on SS, I have been warned! :beer:

Skinny

I like how on the website they are proud to NOT be a certified Bosch dealer. No mention of being Stanadyne certified either. I wouldn't spend a dime with them, looks like another fleabay store. I like how when I went to my local authorized shop, they have all ofthe special equipment, I had a few minutes to talk with the actual tech who would be building my pump, and know what kind of people go there. Any yo yo diesel shop can sell tuners to any yo yo diesel owner. I spent around $500 but that $125 more I think was well spent. Let the experts do the precision work and spend the money where it is needed. You wouldn't mix the cement yourself to pour the foundation on your house...

85CUCVtom

I like how on the actual page for the 6.2l pump they have in red bold print, and I quote,

"PENSACOLA DIESEL IS NOT A AUTHORIZED STANADYNE SHOP AND WE DO NOT WISH TO BE!"

I wanna trust that I'm getting a quality product when I spend my hard earned cash. This does nothing to assure me of that.

Cucvnut

Live and Learn I guess, Im not upset anymore just not looking forward to install another pump, Its not a hard process just takes a while.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks