• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Received my Ac-Delco 60G glowplugs

Assel

Hey, I just received my package from the U.S. , I ordered Ac-Delco 60G glowplugs, a "doghead" relay and some stuff (blade terminals, wires, etc)

On the glowplugs I can read : AC DELCO G3
0 100 271 107 10.5 V

did I get the right glowplugs or did someone unpack them and put cheap stuff in it? just wondering...they look exactly like the 60g you can find on the web...

Assel

thought the same, because there are no "G3" glow plugs anywhere ^^ well hope I get mine out without problem....yet not tried to remove one.... but I assume with almost 15sec glowing time on 20°C ...there should be a change done :D ... never had any starting problems though

Hasdrubal

Usually a hard start or rough initial idle with smoke out one exhaust is a sign of a bad plug. I check mine quickly with a test light. Pull plug wires, attach test light to positive battery terminal, touch probe of test light to each plug spade. If it lights they're good, if not, replace that one.

Assel

na. nothing... not even 2 sec of cranking and she runs fine idle ....no smoke either ... and that after 2-3 months of sitting ...just tank filled & then parkd& shutoff, not even disconected the batteries :D ...well I cant wait to put in the doghead relay & see if she fires right up ...we have spring now :p like 20°C again ^^ 2 weeks ago we had like -10°C , kinda crazy weather

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You only need to change them when they are bad.

As regular maintenance(monthly) or when you notice increased cranking time to start, you simply measure them with an ohm meter.

Assel

true that, but since they take like 15$ here for 1 No-Name plug (some "shops" even declare CUCV Gp´s as 24Volt glowplugs....) therefore I decided to get some ac60g shipped with the Relay, also new blade terminals etc. ....when I order something from U.S. the package grows bigger & bigger with every hour I browse :p

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Assel , I think your going to hate this , the part number you show there appears to be a Robert Bosch AG number, go see a parts supplier that handles Bosch and have him run the number in the Bosch system, I think those plugs are closer to you than you think,

Assel

Lol never thought of using Boschs.... but yeah they are pretty much next door *lol* ... lets see if it turns out that they have those gp´s aswell...that could save some german CUCV owners some money :p

but the package was on the way anyways, some "feet" wires, blade terminals, etc. (tools also) its simply impossible to get such things here....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks