• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Receiver Hitch for bobbed Deuce.

lawnmowerman

does anyone know or jeep sinker do you know what draw tite hitch reciever would fit on my rear frame found truck bobbed like mine hitch was 33 and three eigths wide exactly what I need but no numbers on it drops down about 8 inches draw tite from what I have seen don't give dementions on width

rustystud

I don't know what hitch fits the frame. I have no need to pull a civilian trailer with my truck.
I actually have a 30ft trailer from the Navy that was used as a mobile hearing tester. It has a 2-5/16" ball hitch so the pintle hitch would not work towing this thing. So actually it is a Military trailer just with the ball hitch.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
does anyone know or jeep sinker do you know what draw tite hitch reciever would fit on my rear frame found truck bobbed like mine hitch was 33 and three eigths wide exactly what I need but no numbers on it drops down about 8 inches draw tite from what I have seen don't give dementions on width
I'll be happy to fab one to your exact specifications. I can almost certainly make one a good deal stronger than commercial offerings at considerably less cost. I'll be going to OK within the next month.

Here's a pic showing what I made for my pickup truck.

Attachments

TsgtB

I'm in a bind... I need to put a civy receiver on the deuce to haul hay for Dad, before he gets injured using his little 1/2 ton to haul 10,000lb loads of hay. ( I plan to use the curt #___, with 15k rating)
My problem is...
I'm looking to see if a 10" drop hitch will be enough ?? (with 395's).
I've seen 12" (10,000lb) and up to 18" (but with 6,000lb rating) drop hitch.
what do you suggest?
(so i can get it ordered asap) to pull a 20' deckover trailer and get my hitch height to about 24".
Thank you for any help. ( my truck is NOT bobbed, this was just the most recent hitch post i've found)

TsgtB

Please take note that the hitch rating counts the weight of the trailer as well...
I understand, I think i've seen someone post about a 6" drop (with NDTs) worked ok, but was that 9x20 or 11x20.
Thats where my question was to how much drop "with 395s". Still searching, just not finding.

quickfarms

I'm in a bind... I need to put a civy receiver on the deuce to haul hay for Dad, before he gets injured using his little 1/2 ton to haul 10,000lb loads of hay. ( I plan to use the curt #___, with 15k rating)
My problem is...
I'm looking to see if a 10" drop hitch will be enough ?? (with 395's).
I've seen 12" (10,000lb) and up to 18" (but with 6,000lb rating) drop hitch.
what do you suggest?
(so i can get it ordered asap) to pull a 20' deckover trailer and get my hitch height to about 24".
Thank you for any help. ( my truck is NOT bobbed, this was just the most recent hitch post i've found)
What is the dimension from the bottom of your frame rail to the ground?

TsgtB

Wow.... nice looking set up.
I went ahead and ordered the Curt 15530 (still $185 with free shipping), and found an 8" drop hitch i had from another vehicle.
I still hope that's enough drop (with 395s).
I ordered a 24v to 12v military to civilian trailer connector, so i should be good to go.

TsgtB

I got a phone call this morning from the place i ordered my Curt 15530 hitch from.
They said they replaced the 15530 with the 15400. It's rated 17,000lb with 2550lb TW. (still 2" but looks WAY beefier). I'll wait for the bill to see if they jacked up the price to match.
The 15530 was $185.
The 15400 is priced at $214 (It's listed for $444 MSRP direct from Curt).

Last edited:

TsgtB

WOW... the hitch arrived about an hour ago (that is some FAST shipping).
It's HUGE and it looks AWESOME.
Great welds, powder coat looks nice, not too much shipping rash.
9/16" grade 8 hardware. It's going to be really fun installing (by myself).

I'll make a wooden cradle to balance on a floor jack and make magic happen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks