• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recent MEP Auctions

USAMilRet

None of them are mine. A lot of money for gensets that used to be hundreds of dollars being more common from what I was told. Even from last year the operational ones are selling for $7500 plus these days up from around $5500

Zed254

When no one bids they pull the item for a few weeks and put it back up for auction at a lower price point. At least that was what was going on with M105 trailers last year.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah its madness. I got a pair of MINT 803s in the last few weeks, at prices the auction houses cant touch these days (right place, right time... you know how that goes). Money in the bank, I figure.

jamawieb

Yeah its madness. I got a pair of MINT 803s in the last few weeks, at prices the auction houses cant touch these days (right place, right time... you know how that goes). Money in the bank, I figure.
I usually buy 40-50 units a year to resale and I've only been able to buy 12 this year due to the ridiculous prices.

USAMilRet

Forty to fifty......so your the one jacking up the prices...... :)

And here I thought that I had found another hobby.....repurposing these. Be happy to do just a half dozen or so......

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I usually buy 40-50 units a year to resale and I've only been able to buy 12 this year due to the ridiculous prices.
I think my wife would leave me if I was messing around with that many a year. I've been lucky enough to manage a dozen or two per year, and not an unhappy buyer yet!

Edit: But I've only purchased 4 or 6 in the last 8 months for the same reason... not sure when I am going to find such a deal again as I got on these last two. But they are beauties! Under 200 and 100 hours, both super clean engines with perfect block paint, strong runners, like new.

jamawieb

Nope it hasn't been me jacking the prices up. I usually give up after they hit $2,800 because I can't sell them to make a profit. I've got 2 low hour (395hr and 688hr) 803a's on trailers for $4200 and can't sell them. I've got $3,500 into the 2 units referenced so don't expect to make a killing. I do it as a hobby.
I bet you could sell all you wanted in Florida, I've had people drive from the Orlando area to buy a couple of units last year after the hurricanes.

USAMilRet

Don't know. I have never tried to sell one here or anywhere else. But I figure after the last hurricane and increasing weather changes - for whatever reason - will keep the loss of power in peoples minds and nobody likes to live in 95+ temp with 80% humidity for any length of time.

I saw one in Orlando going for about $6K, but that was quite awhile back.

I'd be happy to find a parts unit and another couple of fixer uppers to see if this is something that I want to toy with.

Yes, it is a hobby and I finally got my wife to understand that. It's a hobby and just keeps me happy and busy while I am waiting for her to retire.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its gonna be tough to start, unless something drastic changes with the market. In the last year, Ive seen sets that literally looked like they rolled off the side of a potato truck (at speed), go for over $3k. Nuts.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've pretty much given up on the generator hobby from the buying and selling side. I figure I might be able to offer service as more of them get out into the wild.

Zed254

And last nights news indicated a hurricane was tearing up Hawaii. Their electrical grid will be in much better shape than PR's was, but I suspect it will be a seriously bad event for military generator pricing.

jamawieb

And last nights news indicated a hurricane was tearing up Hawaii. Their electrical grid will be in much better shape than PR's was, but I suspect it will be a seriously bad event for military generator pricing.
There is one guy on the big island that has been buying all the surplus gensets for years so he should be set.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife has a friend who lives within 20 miles of the South Point on the big island, off grid.... will be interesting to see what he has to say when we can touch base again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks