• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recent mods to truck with pics.

ida34

I recently upgraded my windshield wipers and they work much better than stock. I also installed a Vic1 system with connections to my Ipod. To power the Ipod and other 12 accessories I added a 24 to 12 volt converter. I wired it from my convoy light switch so I could turn it off when not needed. The GI took my convoy lights but left the switch and wiring. The output of the converter goes into a four place fuse panel then to a four position terminal block. I added the three outlet power point to one of the four terminals. I plan to put in a CB and wire it into the Vic-1. The last upgrade was a pyro and boost gauge.

Attachments

jwaller

lemme guess. the vac part of that gauge never gets used? might want to get just a boost gauge. 270deg sweep. it will give you much better resolution.

ida34

I got the gauges off ebay individually. They looked the most like a military gauge. I got the box from Radio Shack. It is a project box. I then got a 1 1/2 inch muffler clamp. I used this to mount the box to the steering wheel. The Pyro is self powered so I only had to get 24 volt bulbs for the gauges. I put the gauges in the front and drilled out the back for clearance. With the gauges in I taped off the glass and painted the trim rings to match the box to make it look more military authentic.

The converter was an ebay special. 15 amp surge 10 amp sustained. Almost no English on the thing but I painted it anyway.

ida34

If your local store can't cross the Napa number to an Anco number let me know and I can check with my store again for the number. My local store seems to be able to cross just about any Napa number.

ida34

In the article it talked about removing about an inch of the arm to get a 13 blade to fit. The anco arm did not need to be shortened.

ida34

right now the boost is around 9 psi on a hill and the pyro gets to around 900 or so. I want to see how it does pulling the five ton home before I turn up the fuel any more. Right now I put about a flat and half or so into it.

ida34

It's a long way from the one you just sold but I am getting there. When I get the receiver hitch and the winch on then I can start painting it.

ida34

It is a pre-turbo. I was getting about 850 or 900 before turning the fuel up but want to take it slow with the adjustments. After I get the five ton picked up I may get slightly more aggressive with the adjustments.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks